...

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March 17, 2015

Once again, another great week here at the MTC! 

Our devotional speaker last Tuesday was Elder Quentin L. Cook, from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He spoke to us about the importance of having faith and being Bold! We got another district on Wednesday, so now we have 26 missionaries in our zone. I love seeing all of the new missionaries come into the MTC every Wednesday. They have such a big grin on their face and a huge desire to just serve the Lord. They all strengthen my testimony everyday by having that fire burning and being ready to ACT for the Lord.

Let's see, News for the week:
1. Elder Berg and I were released as Zone Leaders. (Because we have been in there for about a month)
2. We got our Travel Plans for Argentina!!
3. I finally cut my hair today!

The new Zone Leaders are Elder Jones and Elder Rammel. They are definitely the most adequate for the position! They have loads of confidence and they are ready to help others in the zone.

Our travel itinerary's came in the mail on Friday! So, Monday morning we will meet at the Travel Center at 6:00am and get ready to leave! We are expected to arrive in Buenos Aires around 7:30am on Tuesday, and then a 3-4 hour bus ride to Rosario. So, we will have another P-Day this Saturday. Please email me before then.

Spiritual Experience for the week.

One of these nights Elder Berg and I had a pretty deep conversation about the Gospel. We both talked about how we don't how strong or powerful our testimony's are. We don't have these huge Spiritual encounters that all of the other missionaries do and so we were telling each other that if you want to receive an answer, you must ask for it. We had been asking to receive a sign to know that we have a testimony. Well I went on with my scripture study the next day and was continuing in Alma chapters 30-32. Korihor was preaching against Christ and was trying to make a fool of everyone who believed in him. He and Alma were talking and Alma began to teach Korihor about Christ. He asked if he has a belief in God and Christ and Korihor replied Nay. He asked what evidence do you have and Alma told him that he has a testimony. So Korihor asked him to prove it to him that their is a God. He asked for a sign. Verse 49 of chapter 30 says: This will I give unto thee for a sign, that thou shalt be struck dumb, according to my words; and I say, that in the name of God, ye shall be struck dumb, that ye shall no more have utterance. Alma was able to make Korihor dumb through the power of God. Korihor was not able to speak. That was a sign of the power of the testimony of Alma! He has such a strong relationship with God. I continued reading and in Chapter 32, it is talking about the Zoramites. They wanted to have proof of God. So they demanded Alma to show unto them a sign from the Heavens. Verses 17 and 18 are perfect for answering mine and Elder Berg's desires. They say, 17: Yea, there are many who do say: If thou wilt show unto us a sign from heaven, then we shall know of a surety; then we shall beleive. 18: Now I ask, is this faith? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for if a man knoweth a thing he hath no cause to believe, for he knoweth it. We must have faith in our selves. In our own testimony. That was ironic that the sign we received was about how we shouldn't ask for signs but rather have faith. I know that I have a testimony of this Gospel. I know that it is true!
For all of you that might have the same question down inside, I recommend you read these sections in Alma. In order to increase the testimony that I have, I must act on the faith that I have. (Alma 32:26-27) Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things. "Ye cannot know of their surety at first, unto perfection, any more than faith is a perfect knowledge.....exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you..." the res of this chapter (28-43) goes on to compare your faith as to planting a seed in the ground (just like Jacob 5). If you plant a good seed and it swelleth inside than it must be good. Let it grow, let it spring forth with leaves and branches. Let it produce fruit for you to partake of. Know that when you allow that small amount of faith in your heart grow, you are only going to see an increase in your testimony. That fruit that is produced will be there to help you feast of the words of Christ which you already know to be true because of your testimony of them.

I know that all of you are going through some sort of trial in your life, whether it be big or small, we all have trials. Read this section of Alma and pray to have a stronger testimony. Ask God to help you in all things. I know that He loves us all so much and wants us to become like him. I am so grateful for the testimony that I have and for the foundation of my testimony that my parents were able to establish for me at such a young age. I know that if we all humble ourselves and rely on the Lord for strength that we can become like him. We can become perfected unto him and I share that with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


I love you all! Looking forward to hearing from you on Saturday!


Yo amo ustedes mucho!



Elder Salinas






No comments:

Post a Comment