...

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May 18, 2015

Hey Mom!

This week was a good one! We got to go the Temple Dedication, well just watch it from here, and it was such a great experience. President Uchtdorf and Elder Christofferson were there. haha President Uchtdorf tried to put to test his Spanish and it was quite an event. He was butchering everything he tried to say in Spanish so that was really funny. However, in the last session of the dedication he was speaking and talked about how he had an awesome translator, "Carlos". He told us that He would say something that we didn´t understand, "Carlos" would translate it into a way that we knew what he was saying. He then applied that to our conversations with our Father in Heaven. He is telling us things to do everyday, however, without a translator, we do not understand what he is saying. So our translator with the Lord is the Holy Ghost. He is there to allow us to understand what the Lord is trying to tell us. I really enjoyed that story.

We found a bunch of new people to teach this week too so I am really excited for follow up lessons with them this coming week to see how they are. A great birthday present that I got was on Saturday night after we watched the youth cultural event was finding one man named Carlos. He was sitting by himself in the park and really needed us to go and talk to him. The spirit had prompted us to go over there and we started having a great conversation with him. Just goes to show that the Lord really does work through impressions by the spirit.

The only bad thing about my birthday was in the morning. I got up a little early and started making empinadas. All was going fine until I put one of the last ones in the pan. Right as I was going to place it in there, it slipped from my fingers, landed in the hot oil, and scalded my hand and sent hot oil all down my pants. Luckily for my pants, they just slicked the oil right off, not so luckily for my hand, I now have burns all over it. So that is how my day went.

Not much else happened this week. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you!

Elder Salinas








No comments:

Post a Comment