...

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

April 20, 2015

This week went by so fast!!!

So last Monday we had a Zone P-Day activity. We played capture the flag for a few hours haha. I didn´t really feel it until Tuesday though, I was so sore walking that day. But to make things even better, not one of our appointments was there, so on Tuesday we walked for about 6 hours! It was good though! Something that helped me get through the week was the fact that we had a baptism scheduled for Saturday night. I was looking forward to that all week!

Saturday morning came and the first thing I say, "Elder, We have a baptism today!!!" I was pumped! We went and made sure the font wasn´t full of water in the morning...it was. So we drained that and then around 2 we went and started filling up the font. Went to some other appointments and then back to the church at 5 to get things finished. Maria showed up about 5:45 and she was the only one there, besides her daughter. So she is changed into whites and we are just thinking, it´s alright, more people are going to come. 6o´clock came and there was only 1 other person. So we said we would wait a little bit longer so we did, because we had to! We needed another priesthood holder to be there! People started coming in and there was about 20 people and still no one that could be another witness so we were getting a little discouraged until finally, the Brach President showed up! So the baptism was great!!!

We ate quite a bit this week, we had two lunches fall through, (Friday and Saturday). So we had Milanesa one day and hamburgers the other. Sunday for lunch we were going to eat with the Family Rafignini but he was sick so his wife told us to come over and get the food to take home. MASHED POTATOES AND MILANESA!!! It was so good! Then Sunday night we went to a members house to share a message and they made us dinner too! So good! Then last night we were wondering where we should go and had an impression to go see Christian. A recent convert who isn´t very active. They were getting ready to eat dinner and insisted that we had some. More Milanesa! We ended up giving him a blessing though and he was crying at the end of it and told us that he is really going to apply repentance in his life now. Then he said the closing prayer and asked for help to be a better person and he started crying again. So we are really excited for him.

San Lorenzo...It is a really bi area honestly. From side to side, it takes about 3 hours to walk. We divided it into 4 areas and try to just work in one of them per day. It is kind of hard though when you have people from different areas who can onl meet on the same day. It is one the richer areas of our mission but still, not up to date with the rest of the world. Ave. San Martin is like the main street and that is where all the "stores" are. Tons of people here and they all are pretty friendly for the most part. I haven´t gotten robbed yet. I got to kick some dogs that were trying to bite us though, so that was fun!

It is funny to see all these people settin up tables on every corner to sell sunglasses and movies though! All the ones that haven´t come out yet are already on sale here! So it is pretty funny. Elder Carter and I are just treckin along though with the work! Having a blast!

I set a goal of myself to read the Book of Mormon once every transfer. So I didn´t finish in the MTC so i spent the first two weeks here doing that but now I am almost done for the second time. So I want to challenge all of you to try and read it twice a year, if not, more! It is amazing how much time you can find in your schedule for the Lord if you actually look!


If you would like to know anything specifically about my mission, feel free to send me an email! :)

Something that I would love, from family, friends, anyone else. Pictures!! Send me pictures, like physical pictures, of life. I like getting to hear from you guys!

I love you! Have another great week!


Elder Salinas







The following pictures were sent to me (Lauralyn) via someone in Argentina!  So grateful for the internet and the ability to connect with people that my son is serving with!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment