...

Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24, 2015

Hey there Mom!!

I know that I usually start all of my letters with the same title but that is because it is true. This week went faster that the other! I look at the calender and think, wow, another transfer is almost over. Where did the time go?

I think that we should all take a pause and think for a little bit, what are we doing with our time and how are we using it productively?

This week we had a few trips to Rosario and we did divisions with the zone leaders. Well, kind of did divisions. It was only for the night because the next day they did it with the other missionaries here in CaƱada. But somthing really good, Rocio had her baptisimal interview on Saturday and passed with flying colors! This Saturday is going to be her baptism. And how crazy it is going to be because I am going to baptize her and then us four elders are going to sing. Que loco! But it should be good.

We don´t really have any more solid investigadors. We have some refferences but cant contact them yet. I dont know. So we are teaching less actives and preparing their kids to be baptized. There are 2 kids from less active families that are going to get baptized here soon. So that is exciting.

Food: We eat the same thing like every day. Pasta, rice, pasta, rice, hot dogs, pasta, rice, eggs, pasta, rice, and more pasta and rice. Seriously the members only feed us that because it is super cheap and easy to make. So I am getting a bit larger from all of the calories and carbs.

District Leader: It is going good my assignment. Really the only changes are my letters to President Zanni. I have to get all of the numbers from the companionships every week, and I usually have to make the desicions like what we are going to teach or who is going to give a prayer. Oh, and I am the one who has to teach the lesson or give a talk when it is needed. Because I have SO much more time than the other missionaries here. (1 month) They think I am the missionary expert because I have one month more.

Elder Tovalino: Still is a little bit quiet but when he does talk it is usually something weird or annoying. He snores really loud. And his feet have this odor that is unbearable. He brought a big bag of ear plugs for his companions and I have to use them for my ears and my nose.

Alright, something to throw out there. If anyone would like to send me something, I have a list of the things that I would like. Or just like little package stuffers. If you would like the list, I have registered at target, bed bath and beyond, ....no joking. but seriously, I have a list if you would like it.


I hope everyone has a great week.


Elder Salinas


Tell dad that I am going to take money out again because the bank said they are going to cancel my card in 2 weeks because they sent the new one. So I don´t know when I will have money again. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment