...

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 28, 2015

So we were doing our cleaning and studying and we got a call from the Zone Leaders. We were not expecting this call for transfers because we both just got put into this area. Well, They told us that they had some news. Unfortunately, Elder Medina got transferred. He is going to open up a new area in a city called Galvez. So then I was like "well fetch, what am I going to be doing, who is my new comp!?!" They first said, Salinas, you´re training. What? are you serious? Then they said no. How rude was that. But they did have some good news to give me. They told me that I am with Elder Tovalino (he is from my group). The other companionship here also has another elder from my Group. So three of the four of us only have 3 transfers under our belt, the other only has 2. Well the really good and exciting news is that I am the new District Leader. I am a little bit worried that I am going to do something to mess up. haha but this is just proof that the Lord calls the weak and humble to do his work. If any of you have any advice to give me, please send it my way!

So last night we got back to the apartment and finished our planning, I started reading some talks and my companion layed on his bed and was waiting for 10:30 to come. (He is super quiet and really closed off. He was crying pretty good when his trainer got transferred.) A little bit later I could hear him sleeping. I figured he had had a hard day so I wasn´t going to bother him. Well then the phone started to ring. I looked at it. President Zanni. My blood pressure goes up and I start thinking, Great, what did I do wrong on my first day as district leader. I answer, Hola Elder Salinas, is your companion there? I'm thinking, oh crap, he is asleep. So I cover the microphone and I go into the room, Elder!! Elder!! Get up! President is on the phone. He takes it and puts it on speaker, "Hello", he says in a tired voice. Then President and his family start singing to him. I didn´t quite understand all of the words but the tune was very familiar. Oh crap! Today is his birthday!!! So we made him a little cake type thing today.

Elder Tovalino is from Peru also. He turned 19 yesterday and has 5 months in the mission. One month more than me because he was only in the MTC for 2 weeks. Very quiet and doesn´t like much. So in a way, the zone leaders were right, I am training. At least, that is what it feels like.

This was a super hard transfer however, Elder Reidhead, the other missionary that was here, finished his mission. Even though I wasnt companions with him, we were all always together and I got to know him really well. He taught me so much. He is from Oakley Utah. Super great guy who is going to do great things with his life. He was a QB in high school, hurt his shoulder, and wants to be an orthopedic surgeon. We have a lot in common.

So that is how this week went here in CaƱada de Gomez. If any of you have anything you would like to tell me, or advice you could graciously give to me, It would be greatly appreciated.

Also, right now we have 2 Investigators that will get baptized almost for sure this transfer. and a family that is now 100% reactivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment